The mission of the United Way of North Central Oklahoma is to improve lives with the caring power of community.
United Way of North Central Oklahoma envisions a community working together to ensure that all of its members flourish and thrive.
We live United by:
- Strengthening the community through compassionate collaboration, involvement and volunteerism.
- Embracing educational opportunities in a changing environment.
- Serving as generous stewards of community resources with high ethics, transparency and integrity.
Our Community Investments
United Way of North Central Oklahoma invests resources to address the most important needs in our community by partnering with new and existing programs that produce measurable, effective results.
The Case for Change
Our transformation to community impact brings more powerful and relevant solutions to our community’s social problems. An important dimension of the change is strategy. We’re bringing these solutions to scale by discovering, developing, learning and applying the best ideas about strengthening our community to improve lives. Simply moving dollars around between programs- even with the best needs assessment, the best outcomes process and the best agencies- is not enough to create the kind of significant, sustained change in conditions that our community and the people in it want to see.
United Way of North Central Oklahoma has a vision of what we want to accomplish in our community. We are engaging community partners to collaborate in an effort to alleviate the underlying issues that plague our community.
Community Impact Goals
Every year United Way of North Central Oklahoma conducts an annual campaign to generate resources for our community. These resources are invested in our area through a volunteer review process.
Trained volunteers distribute funds to programs focused on meeting the goals in three Community Impact Areas.
- School Readiness
- Early Grade Success
- Middle School Success
- High school graduation
- Families Sustaining Employment:
- Income Supports
- Savings and Assets
- Manageable Expenses
- Affordable Housing
- Basic Needs
- Children and adults have affordable and equitable health care
- Youth and adults live a healthy lifestyle
- Children and adults are safe from violence and disaster
- Seniors and persons with disabilities are able to stay in the home of their choice
- Seniors and persons with disabilities are provided activities to keep them engaged in their community